Banking & Finance
Chevalier & Sciales represents investors, lenders and borrowers in the negotiation of cross-border financing transactions, and the enforcement of their rights under financing and surety agreements, and helps them comply with increasingly complex regulatory issues. We bring extensive experience to advise on sophisticated financing tools and related surety instruments including derivatives such as credit default swaps, total return swaps, commodity swaps, options and forward transactions, as well as bridge financing, senior and subordinated debt, securitisation transactions, syndication agreements and pledge agreements.
In general, our range of services further include:
Debt and equity capital markets:
- Bond issues and debt issuance programmes
- Equity linked transactions including private placements
- Listing on the Euro MTF and the Luxembourg Regulated Market
- Clearing and settlement
Securitisation and structured finance:
- Asset backed securities
- True sale and synthetic securitisations
- Non performing loans
Banking and financial services:
- Leveraged finance
- Project and acquisition financings
- Secured lending
- Setting-up of PSF services
- Acted as counsel in a Luxembourg true-sale securitization transaction of a portfolio of US Life Settlements, Premium finance loans and ILITs for institutional investors (value of the transaction approximatively 300 million USD).
- Acted as counsel in Luxembourg synthetic securitization transactions of total return swap agreements (value of the overall transactions approximatively 500 million USD).
- Acted as legal counsel for structuring of leveraged US life settlements investment transaction (value of the transaction approximatively 100 million USD).
- Acted as legal counsel for the securitization of short debt securities (value of the transaction approximatively 50 million Euro).